Saturday, August 30, 2008

The Corn Palace

A beacon of light on a stormy night, the oasis at the end of a parched desert crossing. These are the exact opposite of the Corn Palace. Its not that bad, but its not that great either. Bottom line is that the Corn Palace is a high school gym with corn cobs stapled to the outside. While the maize mosaic on the exterior is somewhat impressive, its a tourist trap. I had been there before, but I felt that Christine should experience the Corn Palace. I didn't, however, subject her to Wall Drug.






3 comments:

arianna said...

But oh my god, Wall Drug is sooo much better than the Corn Palace!!! :)

Unknown said...

If I'd only known! I would have insisted we stop. Next time. ;)

arianna said...

Okay, so I haven't actually been to either place since I was like 8...so maybe I'm a bit biased (not to mention I don't have much memory of either - but I remember liking Wall Drug! hehe).

Great to hear from you! - I hope you guys continue to have a fantastic trip. It's been fun reading your updates & seeing pictures of you two!