Sunday, August 31, 2008

Road Trip Votex

After getting through the Midwest we spent a lot of time in the mountains, about 3 weeks. I went fishing, we were really lazy for a few days and lounged around napping on the grass under some cottonwoods. It was awesome. Then we got into the mountains of Wyoming and Montana and the Canadian Rockies. Everything was great, but I think we're a bit jaded. Having been to New Zealand and Iceland, and having spent time in the US Rockies before, it was just OK. We had a great time, the scenery was beautiful, but by the end we were ready to leave. I think Jasper was a relief, as it was different and just so much more stunning than the US Rockies, but the bottom line is that we got tired of mountains.

Thus, the lack of of pictures from the mountains. We took a bunch, but I'm not ready to work with them yet, or even look at them. So here's one, from the Skyline Trail in Jasper. That's all you'll get for now.


No comments: