That's the end of the pictures for now. I'll eventually get to the pictures from Banff and Jasper and post them. But for now here's a list of the highlights.
We saw:
12 National Parks (Cuyahoga Valley, Badlands, Yellowstone, Glacier, Banff, Jasper, Olympic, Redwoods, Bryce Canyon, Zion, Joshua Tree, and Sequoia).
At least 2 national monuments (Devil's Tower and Mt. Rushmore)
1 monument in progress (Crazy Horse)
2 Wolves
1 Grizzly Bear
1 Moose
Many Elk
Many mosquitos
Lots of mule deer
Big horn sheep
1 woman in a flowered dress and flamboyant hat holding a sign in front of the SLC Sears that said "MY SEARS APPLIANCES SUCK!"
I got my hair cut by Norman Maclean's barber in Missoula.
We spent approximately 26 nights in a tent (17 consecutive).
We put almost 10,000 miles on the Subaru.
1 comment:
Craig,
Great pictures and stories. I was recently down in the Grand Canyon, so perhaps you can vicariously add that to your NP list. Still waiting to hear on this job business. Nature Conservancy is taking forever. Good luck teaching those kids this fall!
J
Post a Comment